Sometimes, all of us cannot avoid procrastination. Work is work, and we often find ourselves doing other things to put off important tasks. Why not use this time for doing something at least a little productive.
Here are some of the best suggestions to do this.
Best Ways for Effective Procrastination
- Collect the links that you will use for effective procrastination later. If there is a list of the things that you would like to learn more about, start a collection of links for each of them. The next time you are procrastinating, choose one of those interesting things and start learning about it by visiting links.
- Write a letter or a personal email that you have wanted to write for a long time. If you have a relationship that is very important for you or a person who means a lot to you, write him or her an email or letter. Take some time to strengthen your relationships.
- Select a topic you just do not understand and start doing research.
- Improve your speed reading skills.
- If you have any ideas about how to benefit the company you work for, share your thoughts with your director. If you are sure that there is an opportunity that would benefit the company, it is not necessary to talk to the director personally. You can just write your ideas down and send them to a person who could help make it happen. Ask whether your input is possible. This will not just provide you with a chance to make an input in company’s improvement, but also influence how other people view you.
- Write down a list of your strengths and weaknesses so that you could develop the first ones and struggle the second ones. It is better to start with the things you succeed in. It would be great if you could develop that list chronologically. Think whether there is anything you can learn from.
- Write down a kind of a consciousness journal entry concerning the tasks you are avoiding. If you are doing this because you are stuck, it is possible that you will be able to discover some angles that you have never thought of. Besides, this is a good way to think about how to do the work you need to without having to actually doing it yet.
- Start a conversation with somebody and listen to what he or she is saying. Concentrate on what a person is dwelling on even if you are completely uninterested in the subject. The thing is you are going to practice the “people skills” by listening.
- Sincerely thank people who are important for you. Think whether there is somebody who mentored you for some time, someone who did important things for you and you never truly thanked for, someone who you admire but have never said that. Take several moments and just write sincere thank you notes.